Mi456 is a user-friendly microprocessor-based mini-titrator for the determination of the titratable total acidity in the process of wine making. This minititrator gives you direct readings in g/L of tartaric acid, with a range of 0.0 to 25.0 g/L.
The instrument comes with a pre-programmed analysis method for the titratable total acidity measurements on wine sample. Also called TA and sometimes total acidity, titratable acidity is the sum of the fixed and volatile acids present in a wine. This is determined by a chemical process called titration. The titratable acidity is usually expressed in terms of tartaric acid, even though the other acids are also measured. Titratable acidity is expressed either as a percentage or as grams per liter. For example, 0.7% TA is the same as 7 grams per liter (or 7 g/l) TA.
Acidity in the must will result in a poor fermentation and a slightly medicinal and flat taste. Too much acid will give the wine an unpleasant sourness or tartness. Some acid is necessary for fermentation, and up to one-fourth of the initial acid content will be consumed by the yeast during fermentation. Low-acid musts are usually corrected by adding tartaric acid (the principle acid in grapes), malic acid, citric acid, or acid blend. An acid testing kit is indispensable in measuring initial acidity.
- Fast, easy to read results
- Accuracy to ±5% of reading
- Easy measurement: just measure the wine sample, add the reagents as directed, prepare ORP probe and pump, add the stabilizer and start the titration by pressing the start button
- Refillable, double junction lab grade ORP electrode for fast results with a screw on cap to ensure proper storage
- Compact design with a footprint of just 8.2 x 8.4 inches
- Built-in stirrer is automatically maintained at a speed of 1500 rpm
- Built-in algorithm to analyze the shape of the electrode response and to determine the reaction completion that automatically completes the analysis, makes all the necessary calculations and assures a simple and effective interface for the user
- Simple and reliable peristaltic pump that ensure high dosing repeatability with the ability to calibrate with the provided Milwaukee standards
- Ability to easily measure both free and total SO2
|Mi456 is supplied complete with:
Calibration standard TA, Titrant TA, Buffer pH 7.0, Buffer pH 8.2, MA919B/1 pH Electrode, MA831R Temperature probe, MA9011 Refilling Electolyte Solution 3.5M KCl, for pH electrodes 230 mL bottle, small stir bar, 2 x 50 mL beakers, 2000 µL pipette, test tube set, O-ring, 1 mL syringe, power cable and instruction manual.